This website is operated by the company INTACT, a company with a capital of 25 481 euros, with its registered office located at 36 rue de la Manufacture, 45160 Olivet registered in under the number 911 382 398 (hereinafter the”Company” or “we”).
INTACT acts as a data controller with regard to the applicable legislation and regulations on data protection, in particular: (i) the Privacy and Electronic Communications Directive 2002/58/EC); (ii) the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 (General Data Protection Regulation, hereinafter the “GDPR”), which entered into force on 25 May 2018 ; and (iii) all applicable laws, statutes, statutory instruments, orders, regulations and codes of practice (whether or not having the force of law) in force from time to time and which apply to the processing of your personal data- hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Applicable Laws”.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Depending on the Services offered by the website you are using, and the choices and settings you have made on your device (in particular with respect to cookies), the personal data concerning you (your “Personal Data”) that we collect and process mainly includes:
- Data relating to your identity and contact details (title, surname, first name, email address, telephone number, date of birth, age, country of residence, city, postcode as well as any other information you may disclose when contacting us;
- Marketing data relating to your use of the website, your preferences and interests including your browsing habits, notification preferences (email/phone), to carry out loyalty and prospecting actions or any requests made to our customer service department;
Third Party Services: The Services may be associated with websites published by third party companies not affiliated with Intact, including:
The personal data we necessarily need for the purposes described below are indicated by an asterisk on the various pages of the website. Without this mandatory data, we will not be able to respond to your requests and/or provide you with the requested services. The other personal data are purely optional and are intended to get to know you better and to offer you better services.
2. PURPOSES OF PROCESSING
We use and process Personal Data about you for the purposes described below:
a) To supply the products or services requested;
b) To respond to your requests, comments and complaints;
c) To understand your interests and how you use our products and services, to personalize your experience and to tailor our marketing activities to your needs and preferences;
d) To carry out analysis of statistics concerning our marketing campaigns and the activity of the website;
e) To send commercial communications about products and services that may be of interest to you, provided that you have given your prior consent or ordered a similar product or service from the website;
f) To manage the security of the website and protect from fraud, theft or any other illegal activity that may affect our services;
g) To improve our website and provide you with technical support;
h) To comply with legal obligations (e.g. keeping transaction records and other business records is necessary to meet legal and administrative requirements, the needs of our insurers or for audit purposes).
The purposes of processing mentioned above at (a) and (h) are based on Intact’s compliance with the applicable legal and regulatory obligations to which it is subject.
Les finalités de traitement mentionnées ci-dessus (b) à (h) reposent sur l’intérêt légitime du Responsable de Traitement et sont nécessaires pour faire fonctionner le site et répondre aux demandes des Utilisateurs.
The processing purposes mentioned above from (b) to (g) are based on the legitimate interest of the Data Controller and are necessary to operate the website and respond to User requests.
For some of the cookies that may be used (see Section 6), the processing is based on the consent of the Data Subjects.
We undertake not to process your Personal Data in a way that would defeat the purpose for which it was collected and to collect only the Personal Data that is necessary for the purposes stated above. We will seek your specific consent before we process your Personal Data for any new purpose.
3. YOUR RIGHTS
In accordance with the Applicable Law, you have the rights of access, rectification, erasure, restriction of processing, objection, portability of your personal data we hold about you to the extent applicable, unless we can demonstrate a compelling legitimate reason for retaining your Personal Data.
When the Processing is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
You can ask us to stop sending you information regarding our offers, news and events at any time by using the unsubscribe link in every email we send you.
In addition, you have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
You can exercise your rights by using your account settings or by writing to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please bear in mind that if we feel that your request is vague, we may discuss with you to better understand the reason for your request and ask you to prove your identity (e.g. by asking you to produce identification). We need to ensure that your request does not infringe any third-party rights.
4. RECIPIENTS OF THE DATA
Your Personal Data will not be transferred to or made accessible by third parties, except in the following cases:
- the other entities of Intact Group after obtaining your consent or for internal administrative purposes;
- our service providers (e.g. advertising partners, marketing and advertising agencies) internal or external to Intact’s group;
- our external advisors (lawyers, accountants, auditors etc.);
- in the event of a change of control, if we sell or otherwise transfer all or part of Intact or our assets to another company (e.g. in a merger, acquisition or liquidation) and;
- when such disclosure is required by a legal or regulatory provision or by a court decision, or when such disclosure is necessary to ensure the protection and defense of rights or to avoid possible damage.
5. DATA TRANSFER AND SECURITY MEASURES
We may transfer your personal data to another country outside of the European Union. Where we transfer your data to such third countries (e.g. for transaction processing and fraud prevention purposes), we ensure an adequate level of protection for the transferred personal data by entering into data transfer agreements with the recipients of your personal data based on the European Commission’s standard contractual clauses (“SCCs”) or other valid transfer mechanisms and we carry out, in accordance with the European Court of Justice’s decision of 16 July 2020 “Schrems II” (Case C 311-18) and with the guidance of the European Data Protection Board, a risk assessment of the transferred data. Please contact us if you would like to receive a copy of the safeguards in place to secure data transfers outside the European Economic Area.
Data is processed both manually and electronically and is protected by appropriate security measures. We will provide an adequate level of protection for your data and ensure that appropriate technical and organisational security measures are in place to protect your data against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss or alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access and against all other forms of unlawful processing.
The same level of protection is contractually imposed by Intact on all its subcontractors. Any employee of Intact who, in the course of his or her duties, may have access to your personal data undertakes to hold it in strict confidence. However, as the Internet is not completely secure, we cannot guarantee that your personal information stored or sent will be completely safe. We encourage you to exercise caution when using the Internet to access our website.
In order to meet these purposes, we use partners, listed in this section, who may deposit cookies in your browser on our behalf. In some cases, these cookies may track your browsing beyond our website. Through these cookies, our partners collect and use your browsing data for the above purposes. For more information, we encourage you to review their privacy policies.
List of cookies
These cookies allow us to determine the number of visits and sources of traffic, in order to measure and improve the performance of our website. They also help us to identify the most/least visited pages and to evaluate how visitors navigate the website. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymised. If you do not accept these cookies, we will not be informed of your visit to our website.
|Google Analytics:||_ga, _ga_|
Cookies for targeted advertising
These cookies may be set within our website by our advertising partners. They may be used by these companies to profile your interests and serve you relevant advertisements on other websites. They do not store personal data directly, but are based on the unique identification of your browser and Internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, your advertising will be less targeted.
|Cookies for targeted advertising|
Cookies strictly necessary
These cookies are necessary for the operation of the website and cannot be disabled in our systems. They are generally set in response to actions you have taken that constitute a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or be informed of the existence of these cookies, but some parts of the website may be affected. These cookies do not store any personally identifying information.
|Cookies strictly necessary|
|Complianz:||cmplz_banner-status, cmplz_consented_services, cmplz_functional, cmplz_marketing, cmplz_policy_id, cmplz_preferences, cmplz_statistics|
When you first visit our website, you will be asked to accept or decline the use of certain cookies. You can change your choices at any time by clicking here.
Managing cookies in your browser
Without your explicit consent, no cookies are deposited on your device. Thus, the refusal to deposit cookies is set by default.
When you make a choice (acceptance or refusal to deposit all or part of the data), we keep your choice for a period of 6 months from the date of collection.
In order to manage your cookie expectations as precisely as possible, you can also change the settings of your web browser. Below you will find links to support pages for disabling cookies on the most commonly used browsers:
- Internet explorer : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/use-do-not-track-in-internet-explorer-11-ad61fa73-d533-ce96-3f64-2aa3a332e792
- Firefox : https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-do-i-turn-do-not-track-feature
- Google Chrome : https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/114836?hl=en&ref_topic=3421433
- Safari : https://help.apple.com/safari/mac/9.0/#/sfri40732
- Opera : https://help.opera.com/en/latest/
If you refuse to accept cookies that are strictly necessary for the website to function, or if you delete the cookies stored on your terminal, you will no longer be able to benefit from a certain number of functions that are nevertheless necessary to use the website. This would be the case if you attempted to access our content or services that require you to be identified. This would also be the case if we – or our service providers – were unable to recognize, for technical accounting purposes, the type of browser used by your terminal, its language and display settings or the country from which your terminal appears to be connected to the Internet.
Where applicable, we decline all responsibility for the consequences linked to the degraded functioning of our services resulting from the impossibility for us to record or consult the cookies necessary for their functioning and which you would have refused or deleted.
Duration of data retention
Cookies are stored on your terminal for as long as is necessary to achieve the purposes pursued, as described above. In particular:
- Cookies, which may or may not require your consent, are stored on your device for a maximum of 13 months after they are created;
- The information collected via cookies is kept for 25 months from the date of their creation on your terminal;
- Your choice, consent and/or refusal, regarding cookies is retained for a period of 6 months (after this period we will ask you again to choose how you wish to manage your cookies on our website).
7. DATA RETENTION
- In the event of the conclusion of a contract or an order, within the framework of the Services or otherwise, for the entire period of the contractual relationship, and then kept in an intermediate archive for a period corresponding to the period of the guarantee, if any, plus the applicable limitation period (usually 5 years for most cases);
- The data of prospects will be kept for a period of 3 years after the collection of the data or the last contact. After this period, the data will be deleted or anonymized;
- In the event that Intact is required to fulfil a legal obligation, your data will be processed for the time necessary to fulfil this obligation and as provided by law;
- In the event that Intact is required to fulfil a legal obligation, your data will be processed for the time necessary to fulfil this obligation and as provided by law.
8. CONTACT US